Hugh is currently managing director of Latchmore Associates, a healthcare advisory boutique which supports both public and private sector healthcare organisations to develop and implement commercial strategy and to create commercial partnerships. Projects include:
- Working with six NHS STP regions, and an Irish hospital group on the integration of pathology services
- Advising eleven NHS trusts to develop private and overseas patient strategy
- Advising three Trusts on commercial revenue generation options
- Advising a European hospital group on their entry to the UK market, leading to the opening of a new private orthopaedic hospital
- Advising a European pathology group on UK market entry options, including initiating discussions with three acquisition targets
- Advising a digital pathology provider on private healthcare opportunities
- Advising an FDA approved histology AI provider
- Helping early stage healthcare technology companies to develop NHS partnerships
Previous positions include:
- UK CEO of synlab, Europe’s leading pathology group, where he created a JV with The Christie
- Commercial director at Guy’s & St Thomas
- CEO of Interhealth Canada in Europe
- Business development director of United Health Europe
- CEO BUPA Dental
- CEO Aid-Call
His early career was in strategic consultancy with Bain & Co. He is an engineering graduate from Cambridge University.
Hear me speak at HBI
The investment opportunity in fertility and women’s health
The fertility sector continues to steadily grow, but with a fragmented market, consolidation is not straightforward. And the revolution to address health inequalities for women presents a huge opportunity –...
Seeking Efficiency: How tech is impacting operations
In a world of complexity, of rising costs, waiting lists and staff shortages, finding efficiency within your existing operations and resources is critical not only to staying afloat but to...
Investing in Health Care Property
A conversation with some of the largest health care property investors discussing topics such as: How robust is health care real estate to rising inflation? What ESG frameworks are in...