With 90 years of history, Grupo Fleury is one of the largest medical and health organisations in Brazil, a reference to the medical community and public opinion for its excellence in customer service, innovation and technical quality. It has a complete portfolio in diagnostic medicine, performing about 3.5 thousand tests in 37 different areas.
In 2013, the Fleury Group adopted a new branding to revitalise and increase the competitiveness of its longest-running premium brand, Fleury Medicina e Saúde. The short-term focus is sustainable growth in premium brands and profitability in standard brands.
1. Briefly describe the organisation giving the number of facilities, staff, revenue numbers.
With 90 years of history, Grupo Fleury is one of the largest and most respected medical and health organisations in Brazil, references to the medical community and public opinion for its excellence in customer service, innovation and technical quality. Complete portfolio in diagnostic medicine, performing, currently, about 3,5 thousand tests in 37 different areas. 55 MM of clinical analysis exams and 4 MM in imaging. 8.2 thousand employees and 1,8 thousand physicians on 2Q16. Gross revenue of R$2,2 bn, operational cash-flow generation of R$ 485 MM and R$ 431 MM of EBITDA, with a 21.5% margin.
2. Please describe what steps the nominated organisation carried through in the best building of a brand. These are likely to include market research, changes to services, the communication of brand values and the measurement of brand impact.
In 2013, the Fleury Group adopted a new branding to revitalize and increase the competitiveness of its longest-running premium brand, Fleury Medicina e Saúde. The short-term focus is sustainable growth in premium brands and profitability in standard brands.
Rebalance the mix of brands and business lines
Capture existing demand by increasing services and PSCs
Portfolio selection of health plans and services
Services’ offering and demand adherence to positioning.
Ending of Labs D’Or inregration in Rio de Janeiro.
Increasing assets’ efficiency and cost control
Optimization of PSCs, processes and systems.
3. When were the brand changes launched?
4. What has been the impact of the change?
Three months after the release of the new branding, 59% of our clients already recognize the brand’s essence of surprising. Revenue has been increasing since then.
5. How has this impact been measured?
Grupo Fleury has been awarded a variety of prizes in recent years. These awards are a motivation to continually improve the services Grupo Fleury offers to its clients and develops an even more outstanding and sustainable business model.
Among these awards, note the following:
– The 2016 Latin America Executive Team: Grupo Fleury led the rankings of “Best CEO” and “Best Investors Day” of US magazine Institutional Investor in Latin America health sector. In addition, the Company was among the top three in the rankings of “Best CFO”, “Best Investor Relations Team”, “Best Investor Relations Program” and “Best Investor Relations Website”.
– Fleury is the best and most reliable diagnostic medicine center according to 74% of physicians (Ibope, 2012).
– The Grupo Fleury was elected one of the most sustainable companies in Brazil for the sixth consecutive year by the Guia Exame de Sustentabilidade, the largest survey of corporate sustainability in the country.
– Valor Innovation Brazil 2016: Grupo Fleury is among the 30 most innovative companies in Brazil and ranked #1 in the Services category according to Valor Innovation Brazil 2016.
– Transparency Award 2016: Grupo Fleury won the Transparency Award 2016 in the category “Companies with net revenue up to R$ 5 bn” promoted by Anefac, Fipecafi and Serasa Experian. The survey is annual and rewards companies with Brazil’s most transparent financial statements based on published financial statements.
– In 3Q16, Grupo Fleury’s Net Promoter Score (NPS) reached 73%.
– In 2016, Fleury brand is the most valuable in the diagnostic medicine sector. According to the Kantar Vermeer’s methodology, the brand has a value of US$ 97 MM and is in 44th position in the overall ranking.
– In 2013, Grupo Fleury was awarded as the first healthcare company in the Brazilian Corporate Reputation ranking. In the general ranking, Grupo Fleury occupied the 37th position. The study was conducted by IBOPE to different stakeholders in accordance with the methodology of Merco, a spanish consultancy specialized in reputation monitoring. The process included gathering information on the top 100 brazilian companies ranked as Best Reputation, and subsequently checked for authenticity by KPMG. Created in 2000, it is the first time that this survey is applied in Brazil.
We would welcome your thoughts on this story. Email your views to Daisy Hotopf or call 0207 183 3779.