Karify acts as a cloud-based platform, that supports your mental health therapy sessions with online supplementary digital care. It is active in the field of mental health and provide tailored unique programs in depression, anxiety, ADHD, mindfulness, chronic pain, meditation and substance disorder programs
Implemented in over 400 healthcare institutions and shows a decrease from 40% to 11% in relapse when providing aftercare for eating disorders.
1. Briefly describe the organisation giving the number of facilities, staff, revenue numbers.
Karify acts as a cloud-based platform, that supports your mental health therapy sessions with online supplementary digital care. With us, you can combine face to face meetings with online exercises, tailored medical information and ways to communicate safely. We are active in the field of mental health and provide tailored unique programs in depression, anxiety, ADHD, mindfulness, chronic pain, meditation and substance disorder programs.
In the Netherlands, we have successfully implemented Karify in over 400 clinics and have a full range of clinic sizes and specialities that are working daily with our product. We are fully trademarked in Europe and the United States.
Headquarters: Netherlands, staff: 37
2. What is the nature of the service in which the organisation is using digital health?
It is delivering a cloud-based platform that supports health care centres in delivering more personalised care.
With Karify, we have tailored programs designed for various subsections in the mental health care industry.
3. What is the nature of the digital health offering? Please describe the main IP component of this service.
We are actively committed to making an impact on a patient’s life through enhancing our digital programs and development in helping people reclaim their lives. We try to make a difference in a patient’s life by giving them more autonomy over their own process through digital & self-managed care.
Our products are focused on various evidence-based online treatment modules, such as our depression and opioid abuse program, to facilitate, aid and foster patient/ therapist relationship.
Karify is fully cloud-based and data is stored on external servers, it is fully encrypted and secured. The hardware is run on any electronic device, such as a tablet, or computers.
4. When did the organisation start delivering this service en masse?
5. What are the main key performance indicators? How does the organisation measure the success of the project?
We measure our success by the fact that Karify has been implemented in over 400 healthcare institutions in the Netherlands. Chosen as part of the 20 best digital health companies by Techtour in 2016. We also measure our results directly from patients, for example, qualitative results show a decrease from 40% to 11% in relapse when providing aftercare for eating disorders. And finally, 7 of the 10 biggest mental healthcare institutions are working with Karify. Over the years Karify receives on average 11% new clients per month. Over 1000 people log-in daily to work with Karify. In the Netherlands we have over 20.000 users choosing Karify. In total 3500 clients are treated a month, 70% of employees are online.
6. How has the digital health enabled service impacted on patient/care recipient outcomes
Due to Karify we support the following benefits for therapists:
- Time saved in intake; 30 minutes saved in online assessment versus normal assessment.
- Less admin; Multi-channel appointment management system including video conference communication
- Anytime, Anywhere; easy interaction with patients, from anywhere at anytime. and improve visibility to patients needs.
- A wide range of self-care programs; programs ranging from multiple mental health disorders (incl. depression, addiction, anxiety and customizable).
Patients: empowering care, enhanced patient-therapist relationship, faster time to a therapist, more convenient & private.We would welcome your thoughts on this story. Email your views to Daisy Hotopf or call 0207 183 3779.